Hooray! Blooming Is In Full Swing

4/16/15
Cherry trees lining my street

     What a difference a few warm days make.  So many plants suddenly appeared this past weekend.  The cherry trees finally bloomed this past Sunday.  This is a photo of the trees lining my street.  My house is out of view on the right.  Here is what is happening in the yard.







The side yard garden daffodils are in full bloom awaiting the appearance of the perennials there.

The back yard garden daffodils and hyacinths bloomed.  The tips of the perennials are just peeking through the soil.

The perennials on the other side of the back garden are filling in faster.

Here's a close up of one of the brunnera plants whose tiny blue flowers appeared three days ago.

The astilbe seemed to push through and leaf out quickly in the back garden.

All the hosta plants have started comng through the soil.

Finally, the grape hyacinths showed up two days ago.

     The buds on the pink and the white dogwood trees in the back yard look like they will open in the next day or so.  Still waiting on the azalea bushes and the tulips.  Although it is possible, it's rare to have a frost here after April 20.  I can't wait to buy annuals next week and start setting them out, and planting my zinnia, gomphrena and sunflower seeds.



2 comments:

  1. It does seem like the garden is starting to just explode with growth! I love that brunnera. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the brunnera too. It has such a dainty, lacy appearance. It just says spring to me.

    ReplyDelete