A Hint of Fall

Weeping Cherry Trees

 Although it is still August, the weeping cherry trees in the yard are always the first trees whose leaves turn color.  We have had cooler weather these past two weeks. Also, because the the strong El Nino in the Pacific, it may be the cause of so many cloudy days and downpours this month.


Russian Sage

The only plants that are doing well this summer are the Russian Sage bushes.  All the rest of the blooms on the perennials are sparse.


Marigolds

 Some of the annuals in pots on my deck are doing well like these marigolds.


Dwarf Peppers

I always put dwarf peppers in one of my deck pots.  I like their shape and brightness. 


Pink Calibrachoa

This pot of pink calibrachoa was full of blooms, but now seems to be winding down.  I have a few more pots of calibrachoa on the deck and the heavy downpours we have been having several days a week have beaten the blooms down, and as soon as they try to recover, they are hit with another downpour. 


Resting Deer 

I was out in the back yard a few days ago taking photos of the Russian Sage bushes, when I looked up and saw a resting deer watching me.  They occasionally rest in the yard, sometimes two or three of them at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment