Not Much Blooming

Deer Resting in My Backyard

 After two weeks of gray, cloudy weather and rain, we finally saw the sun yesterday.  The deer did not mind resting in the wet grass.  When the sun returned yesterday, so did the cool fall weather. It was 45 degrees here yesterday morning and this morning. We turned the heat on.


Salvia

My three salvia plants are still blooming, but are getting scraggily. The deer chomped on  all the liriope plants so their flowers are gone.


Russian Sage

The Russian Sage  bushes are the only other plants in bloom, but are winding down.


Deck Flowers

When the sun came out yesterday I took a photo of the mums and pansies I planted two weeks ago.  It was the first time I had seen them in the sun.  I have been watching my Yuletide Camellias that were so badly damaged in the so called "snowcrete" we had last winter.  They seem to have buds, so I think they will be okay.  We'll see how they bloom in the November-December time frame.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment