A Cool Mother's Day

Bearberry Cotoneaster

 

It was cool, cloudy, rainy and windy this mother's day. It has been this way for 8 days.  We had to turn the heat back on for a couple of days this past week because it went down to mid 40's at night and was in the lower 50's several days with cold rain.  Unusual weather for May like the above cotoneaster plants.  I have never seen them in neighborhood yards, and I have never grown them until I planted these two years ago. They have red berries in the fall and are evergreen in this area.


Bearberry Cotoneaster

 

Here is a close up of the bearberry cotoneaster flowers.  There are may varieties with different color flowers.


Nepeta Blue Lagoon
 

The nepeta plants (catmint) are blooming behind the spent daffodils.


Dogwood

Finally, the three white dogwood trees in the yard have bloomed.  This photo was taken out of a bedroom window.

Miniature Rose


I bought this miniature rose at the grocery store last year to have in the kitchen.  When it was done blooming, I planted it in the yard next to some holly bushes that the deer don't bother going by.  And here it is blooming this year!  It reminds me of my mother's face: delicate, beautiful, clear,  with a touch of pink.  Although she passed away many years ago, I miss her still.  I am dedicating this flower in the garden to her.  Happy Mother's Day to all mothers.


No comments:

Post a Comment